INTACH Shekhawati Chapter
Mr. Ramesh C. Jangid, owner of Apani Dhani Ecolodge, initiated the Shekhawati Chapter with INTACH (Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage) in August 2004 to strengthen the actions for heritage conservation he had started in his native area as early as 1993 through the association “Les Amis du Shekhawati” – “The Friends of Shekhawati".
INTACH is a nationwide, non profit organisation. It was set up in 1984 to protect and conserve India’s vast natural and cultural heritage
INTACH is primarily a membership organization comprising enthusiastic members in all parts of the country.
INTACH has chapters across the whole country which are clubbed under five zones: North, South, East, West and Central.
Apani Dhani Ecolodge is the headoffice of INTACH - Shekhawati Chapter and coordinates many of its actions among which:
- Heritage awareness programs among school children
- Heritage education workshops with school teachers
- Mural conservation workshops to develop the skills of local masons & artists
- Heritage walks and publication of heritage walk brochures
- Listing of architectural buildings...
For more information, kindly visit www.shekhawati-intach.org